"The liturgy is the outstanding means by which the faithful can express in their lives and manifest to others the mystery of Christ and the real nature of the true Church"
Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, p. 2
The Secretariat for Sacraments and Worship, which consists of the Office of Liturgy, seeks to make the liturgy a source of spiritual growth and development for the people in the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee through promotion of divine worship and liturgical music as vital to prayer and deepening of faith; discovering art and architecture which help create good environments for worship and spirituality; and offering guidance in the proper celebration of the sacraments.
- assist the bishop in his role as principal liturgist of the diocese
- plan and coordinate diocesan liturgies at which the bishop presides, in conjunction with the Diocesan Master of Ceremonies
- to serve as a resource for parishes, schools, offices and institutions regarding liturgical matters
- to serve as a resource for parishes in matters pertaining to celebration and evaluation of parish liturgies, liturgical music, and liturgical spirituality
- to assist in reviewing art and architecture to create suitable environments for worship and spirituality
- to keep clergy and parishes abreast of the latest directives from the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops and the Holy See.