"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."
The Diocesan Office of Faith Formation assists the Bishop of the diocese in his office as Teacher. It is the “means which the bishop as head of the community and teacher of doctrine utilizes to direct and moderate all the catechetical activities of the diocese” (General Catechetical Directory, no. 126). We serve all those who are involved in faith formation at any level by providing resources and support as they lead others in the journey of faith.
- Guidelines for the organization of lifelong parish catechesis, baptismal catechumen and other programs of sacramental preparation
- Parish consultation on catechetical matters
- Assistance in the recruitment, approval, orientation, ongoing formation and retention of parish catechists
- Encouragement and motivation for catechists in commissioning rites, recognition ceremonies and ongoing affirmation
- A diocesan curriculum guide based on the General Directory for Catechesis, the National Directory for Catechesis and the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Catechetical resources, including textbooks and instructional aids
- Ongoing updates to catechetical staff concerning important church documents and recommendations that pertain to catechesis